If you are experiencing dizziness, headaches, tilting, swaying, nausea, vomiting, unbalanced feeling, ringing in the ears, sweating, jerking movement of eyes and/or hearing loss then it can be a devastating condition for you and you can go out of balance as you might be suffering from the problem of vertigo. All the symptoms stated above are related to vertigo. The intensity o these symptoms can vary with every individual. There can be various reasons that can cause Vertigo. Before planning to treat your vertigo through a chiropractor you must know its common causes.
Causes of Vertigo
Some of the common causes of vertigo may include:
- Certain problems in the inner ear can typically cause Vertigo like:Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo or BPPV occurs when in the canals of your inner ear calcium is deposited. Any problem in the inner ear can cause different symptoms of vertigo because your inner ear sends the signals for the motion of your body and head to your brain.
- Your inner ear canal can be damaged due to certain types of medications
- Headaches caused by migraine
- A pressure and fluid are built-up in your ear due to Meniere’s disease which can also lead to hearing loss and tinnitus
- Vestibular neuritis, a viral infection which can inflame the nerves of your inner ear
- Injury in neck or head
- A tumor or stroke
Reasons to visit a chiropractor to treat Vertigo
In most cases vertigo can go away even without any treatment due to the power of malleability and adaptability of your brain still one should visit a chiropractor to treat his vertigo due to following reasons.
- Some people visit chiropractors to treat their problem of vertigo entirely.
- A chiropractor can treat the problem of vertigo without any medication or surgery as his treatment depends upon the symptoms, requirements, and the history of the health of the client.
- The chiropractor and his team of therapists treat their clients through physical therapy. They make the vestibular system of their patient generally strong so that it can allow their brain to tell their body and head how to move.
- Chiropractors use the technique of Epley Maneuver to move debris in the inner ear canals causing the problem of vertigo to a safe and harmless location.
- A chiropractor manipulates certain joints especially the neck joints to treat the vertigo patient depending upon his condition.
- They also use the Brandt-Daroff Technique in this regard. In this technique, the patient is asked to sit on the edge of a bed and fall to one side, come back, and then fall to the other side.
- The chiropractor treats your vertigo by changing your habits in general. He may ask you to change your intake of caffeine, your routine diet, and the use of medications, etc.
So, if you are experiencing the symptoms of vertigo then you should visit a chiropractor for vertigo to relieve your symptoms without any medication or surgery. You may feel relaxed from the very first day of your visit to a chiropractor.
Elledge Chiropractic & Acupuncture Also Offers Following Services :
Elledge Chiropractic & Acupuncture Address: 5715 N Western Ave #B, Oklahoma City, OK Phone: (405) 858-2225